Who’s harder to shop for than your mom? If you guessed “your dad” you get the prize! I am self professed procrastinator, but hopefully we still have time to get dear old dad some fairly traded, ethically sourced and/or made in the USA gifts to celebrate his day coming up on June 15th. Here are some ideas:
1. EDC Magnesium Fire Starter – Magnesium and ferrocerium (flint) fire starter with high-carbon steel blade on a portable key ring. Magnesium shavings ignite damp tinder and kindling easily but are fireproof in solid form. Measures 2 ¾ inches long. Made in Idaho.
2. Brass & Walnut Pour-Over Coffee Brewer Heat-resistant glass pour-over cone with adjustable solid brass ring and arm. Set on a walnut base. Slide turning knob up and down to accommodate the smallest espresso cup to a 10-inch-tall travel mug. Made by hand in Colorado.
3. This laptop sleeve has a two way zipper and colorful embroidered design hand crafted by Thai crafts folk. Many tribal people live off of their agricultural production, but access to land on which to support their families has become more scarce. The production and sale of handicrafts provides them with a viable alternative, and helps to revive handcraft traditions which otherwise might have been forgotten.
4. Handmade Pewter Flask – Pocket-sized 4- or 6-ounce flask with a captive screw top. Bright polished pewter doesn’t taint the sweet taste of booze. Handmade in Sheffield, England.
5. Stewart Stand Stainless Steel Fiber Wallet (Silver) Made of the same ultra thin stainless steel fabric used in advanced aerospace applications. RFID blocking design keeps your personal info safe. 85% post-consumer recycled stainless steel, 15% silver ballistic nylon. Features a large bill pocket, 6 card slots, plus 2 extra pockets
1. Fair Indigo Men’s Short Sleeve Fair Trade Organic Polo – Everything you’ve been looking for in a polo … and then some. First off, it’s knit of pure organic combed cotton – and if you’ve never felt the difference, you owe it to yourself to experience a whole new level of softness. And it’s exceptionally durable, too. You’ll be happily wearing this polo years after lesser shirts have landed in the rag bag. To top it off, our polo is dyed with low-impact and colorfast dyes, entirely crafted in a Fair Trade USA® Approved Facility.
2. Northwest – Tense Watches – designed and manufactured in Canada.
3. Two handsome money clips come to life in red-brown leather. Magnets inside the pair help them hold bills.
4. Handmade (in Honduras) 100% leather Briefcase by Mission of Lazarus’s vocational school students.
1. The quality of these shirts is amazing! The stitching and attention to detail exceeds many of the mainstream brands for which people pay far more. I highly recommend these shirts for any guy on your graduation or birthday list or for Father’s Day.
2. Cambodian Tie Cayenne/Cobalt Wide Stripe – Handwoven cotton tie in stylish hues, with raw silk lining. Spot clean. 57in.L x 3 1/4in.W at widest point.
3. Twin zippers open this compact travel kit to reveal pockets for grooming items. Two open pockets on one side and a zipper pocket on the other holds essentials close at hand.
4. Men’s White Everyday Crew Neck Tee – 60% organic cotton / 40% recycled polyester. No pesticides, no fertilizers, no bleaches, no sweatshops, no nasty stuff at all.
5. Deluxe Shaving Set – Neem shaving soap, aftershave lotion, bar soap. Ramie soap bag, Boar bristle brush, brush travel case. Mango wood plate
1. A summer classic, this beautiful hammock is hand-woven of unbleached cotton. Maya Artists of the Yucatán create it in the same way they have for centuries.
2. Hand-Carved Onyx Chess Set: Exquisitely hand-carved onyx pieces turn the board into a sculptural landscape worthy of permanent display.
3. Handmade (Made in Honduras) 100% leather bound NIV thinline Bible.
4. Handmade (Made in Honduras) 100% leather journals by Mission Lazarus’s vocational school students.
5. Fair Trade Coffee!!!
6. Fair Trade Mug (not the one pictured)
1. This bottle opener set from Guena combines two of Brazil’s natural riches in a spectacular design. The stand is carved of cedar wood, while the handles display agate’s unique veins that are dyed blue. Set includes a traditional bottle opener, a waiter’s friend corkscrew, and a can opener, all in nickel-plated brass
2. This unisex adjustable apron is part artist’s smock and part grilling apron! Made of a durable cotton/silk blend, it’s designed so that you can either wear it long—for more coverage—or fold it up at the waist to create an extra pocket. With a neck tie that slides through the sides to fasten in the back, you can adjust the neck tie length as well as the back ties. Plus there are three sections to the large front pocket, which is deep enough for your grilling tools, kitchen towel, or paintbrushes. (Use Happy 1st birthday to get 25% off)
3. This attractive three compartment condiment server may be used for salsas, preserves,marmalade, nuts, etc.
Each piece of La Chamba is a one of kind piece of artisan cookware, carefully crafted using century old technique native to this region. La Chamba can be used on the stove, oven, grill and in most microwaves. Learn more about Chamba care and use.
4. Bordered in brilliant cobalt blue, these delightful tumblers bring a festive touch to any table setting.
Happy shopping, friends! Thanks for continuing to use your purchasing power for good! And as always, let us know if you make a purchase!